Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tax Return - How Do I Spend It?

Yesterday afternoon I spent an hour or so doing my taxes. Seeing how this past year I actually had a full-time paying job, I am getting a good sized return back, yippee!! I had all these crazy ideas of how I would spend this money, like some broadway shows, maybe a trip to Duck Beach, car payment (ha ha), good New York food or a trip. Then I thought, oh, Europe here I come. I am constantly scheming about what big adventure is next for me. I was going through all the scenarios and getting super excited about the possiblities, none of them involving taking any responsibility.

I decided to go to the gym right after finishing my return and well, work out, but also clear my mind. Thats where it hit me: CROATIA.

I decided that I would take a bit of my return and put it aside for an adventure in Croatia during the summer of 2010. With me starting school next month and doing three semesters of online classes and finishing them at the end of May 2010, I thought that would give me enough time to work and save for this amazing journey. Anyone is welcome to join, and why wouldn't you after looking at these pictures.















So this is my plan and I am going to stick to this one. I will be mostly responsible with the tax return but part of it will go to starting up a fund for this trip, the countdown is on!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I got a big return too, and haven't spent a penny... I just might jump on that plane with you! Barring anything big coming up. ;)

Jane said...

I am dying to go there!!! Wait, I'm the one who showed you all the amazing pics of Croatia and helped you to come to this decision. Don't I get any credit for this stroke of genius? :)

~*Alina*~ said...

Croatia looks beautiful! But... unless you are also going to Paris, you can count me OUT. :)