Monday, April 20, 2009

Bus Adventure


This is not really an adventure persay but still interesting. I was getting on the bus coming home from church yesterday with Chelseanne and Jane M. As we sat down the man in front of us just stared at me. At first I thought it was at my trendy suspenders I was sporting, but then thought no, its got to be my mohawk hair-do that I am rockin'. I then noticed that his eyes kept shifting to my scriptures. All of sudden he pipes up and says "are you from the MOR-mon church?" He said it in such a tone that I was ready for a lashing. That lashing never came. I told him that I was and I then waited for him to say something about polygamy, prop 8 or Utah, but he didn't. He kept staring so I asked how he knew and he replied "the way you got on the bus". I have never heard that one before in my life. I didn't know how to respond and I was trying to think at how I boarded the bus and how that would have made me stand out as a mormon. Our conversation then turned into how he went to Utah State and the beauty of Utah. He conversed for a few more city blocks, then he stopped abruptly, turned to the lady ahead of him and asked "so you liked Aruba?" My suspicions of him not being all there were confirmed a little bit more with that comment. He then got off the bus and I am still bewildered at my bus boarding technique.

2 comments:

chelseanne said...

That whole conversation with that man was just a little bit-to a lot a bit awkward.

malia said...

hahaha. funny.