Saturday, May 2, 2009

Subway Chitchat

I am usually not one to strike up converstaion on the subway cause like everyone else I have my Ipod cranked up. As I was returning for a jive class (shoutout to Natasha for teaching it) I stepped onto the 1 train at Lincoln Centre and right away I heard one of my favourite noises, the French accent. Theses two middle aged ladies were conversing and I decided to ease drop. I knew that they were from France because I could actually understand them. The Quebec accent is so goofed up I never can catch it. I wanted to jump in and just chat but had no segway. I then noticed the luggage tag and as I looked closer it read Narbonne. I served 10 months of my mission in a city called Beziers and Narbonne was part of our area, it was a 15 minute train ride. Our branch president was actually from this town so as missionaries we visited once a month or more to do some work. I decided to just chime in with a "oh, i heard you speaking and...". I did just that and the three of us just started chatting about what we were doing in the city and what he loved about Southern France. As we were talking the lady right next to me put in her two cents. She was from Morocco and thought it was funny that out of all the subway cars the four of us ended up together speaking French. Lets just say I have been smiling ever since. For Nostalgic purposes

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh you were so YOUNG!!!! You look all grown up now. What adorable little Missionary. ;)

Rustino Scar said...

HAHAHAHAHAH. you look...great!