Monday, May 18, 2009

Federer Victorious!




Some of you might know that besides loving to travel I really love tennis. There are the 4 major tournaments in tennis known as the "grand slams". It has always been my dream to attend one of these and last summer I got to go to the US Open here in NYC. I got to see my favourite player Roger Federer play, he is brillant! For those of you who follow tennis (which I feel will be a few), he is down in a lull, or he was until yesterday he he beat his nemesis, Rafa Nadal. What makes it even sweeter is that it was on Nadal's home turf, in Spain on red clay. Nadal had won 44 matches straight, but that is no longer. The next grand slam starts this coming Sunday in Paris, Roland Garros. Rogers win is such a huge boost to his confidence and I am hoping that he takes it to Nadal!


No comments: