Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Almost Spring, How Do I Know?


It's because of this frozen treats truck called "Mister Softee". My first encounter with this magic truck was on Broadway and 68th. I had just gotten out of Mamma Mia (the movie, which is way better than the broadway show) with my friend Maria and she said we should stop and get a cone. This truck had the best soft serve ice cream. Maria and got different kinds and I loved them both. It just so happend that we were walking south to Columbus Circle and we hit another Mister Softee at oh like 63rd and I had to try another ice cream. This one too was soo good that when we reached Columbus Cirlce there was yet another truck so what did I do, purchased another ice cream. I am sure Maria was re-thinking her decision of having passed on my resume and helped me get my foot in the door at my current employment. Of course NYC has many little treat trucks to offer (like the one down in the East Village that Russell keeps talking about), but Mister Softee will always have a place in my heart and arteries!!!

PS - this is located on my street corner, 108th and Broadway, woot woot!

No comments: