Tuesday, February 24, 2009

3 Month Countdown

Today I had my little update from HR. They decided not to go through the process of applying for sponsorship. Now you might wonder, well why not, Jeff is a lovable guy (apparently not)! Actually, the fees to just apply are not cheap and even if my company did apply, it doesn't guarantee me an acutal visa. The company says its just easier to hire an American and not worry about application fees and renewal fees. So there you have it, I am giving up my spot so one of your fellow comrads can work, gee, aren't I nice.

Now what? Well, I am going to move to Utah and bunk with my sister and her family for the month of June where I will study for and take the GRE, ahhh!! I do start my online classes mid-May and so I will be working on those classes and possible head to Korea/Japan to teach English, who's in? If anyone has other suggestions, send em my way.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

SAD!!!!!! I taught English in Mexico and it was the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done. If you do decided to do that abroad let me know if you need any tips or site references!

You will be greatly missed and likely often visited. I hope we get to play a lot before then! :)

XOXO

Suz said...

That's too bad Jeff!! Hopefully you'll be able to figure something out, but I'm not sure what I think about the Korea/Japan idea?? I'm sure that you will make the right decision though.

malia said...

wow. sorry to hear that. 3 months, huh? that's not long. i can't believe it....