Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thats American Thanksgiving BTW. I am always so lucky, I get 2 Thanksgiving each year, double the pleasure, double the fun. This past weekend I was lucky enough to have gone down to Washington, D.C. to see old friends and meet some new ones. Our host "M" was absolutely fantastic except for the minor detail that she was late in picking us up at 1 am, but I forgave her cause she came through on everything else, she made dreams come true that weekend!! Thanksgiving day was full of football and basketball and the best turkey ever, which we ate all weekend long. The following two days had us on a roadtrip to Philadelphia to view Independence Hall (don't waste your time, for us non-Americans) and the Rocky steps as well as a very cool museum. We also ate philly cheesesteaks, which unbeknownced to me, the "cheese" part of it is actually cheesewhiz, and it was so good. In D.C. we had a day of "death" as it was said. We hit up the Arlington Cemetery as well as the Halocaust Musuem (its a tear jerker, so don't take a date). To say the least we were a bit desheviled at the Wizards vs. Hawks basketball game until they did the "dancing" camera on the crowd and then the whole building was electrified. This is really one of those moments where you had to be there, but this old man, lets say in his 70's, was doing major pelvic thrusts that literally had me crying and almost peeing my pants, I haven't hurt like that in so long!

It was a great trip, I definately need to go back. I am thankful for friends to have spent time with and for the opportunity to have learned some US history that frankly has given me many freedoms!

Now its CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!

No comments: