Friday, December 5, 2008

Tree Lighting Par-TAY!!

One of the many wonderful things about my NYC life is that I work at 10 Rock! My office looks right into the Rockefeller Plaza and it made it the perfect spot for viewing the traditional tree lighing ceremony. I was lucky enough to have my mom and sister fly in that morning and come to my company party. People had started camping out that morning around 9 p.m, the tree was not lit till 8:55 p.m. It gets crazy in my end of town during the holidays but this day was out of control! While people were outside standing in the cold, holding their full bladders and not getting a great view, we had food galor, drinks a-plenty and much warmth. We got to see many celebs in all their christmas glory, Faith Hill and Harry Connick, Jr., being my favourite. With all the people there security was in full force, the snipers on the rooftops proved how serious they were taking this event. It truly was a great experience, but I don't think I would ever wait outside to do it, just a future reference for ya'll.

1 comment:

Suz said...

It's nice to see that people have the sense there to camp out after the tree has already been lit!! haha Glad you're enjoying NYC in it's glory and all the fun things it has to offer!!