Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Too Hot Too Handle for 1 Day

The day has barely begun and already I am so overwhelmed. First of all my mom and sister arrived at my apartment this morning. I gave them the quick 5 minute intro and then let them go to sleep and I went to work. This was the most entertaining subway ride ever!! I got into the subway car and I heard some raised spanish voices, some ladies were mixing "holas". Acutally, one kept saying some stuff and all I recognized was "problema" and her attitude and facial expressions told me that she was havin' an issue with the other chica! They kept raising their voices, then all of a sudden, one chica swung a fist and then it was on like donkey kong! The other girl went straight for the hair (smart move), she ended up shoving the girls head into the side of the subway car. Thats when they started scream and they then stood up and other passengers were scattering all over the place, trying to avoid the spanish frenzie! Hair was being pulled, fingers were clawing and then one man jumped between the two ladies to end it! I was stunned, I couldn't even move. I was glad that someone had the sense to jump in. THe two girls still yelled at each other and one tried to re-ignite the fight, but that was not going to happen. We came to the next stop, on girl grabbed her shoe that had fallen off, her glasses and bag and exited. One man on the train yelled out into the subway stop that we needed NYPD, which they boarded at the next stop, and that is where I, and many others got off to transfer to the express train.

Now if that wasn't enough energy and excitement, imagine walking into my lobby at work and walkin' side by side with mr. Harry Connick, Jr., yup, take that! I do love my work location. Tonight we get to enjoy the christmas tree lighting ceremony with food and warmth at Rockefeller Plaza!!

No comments: