Thursday, October 30, 2008

McCain or Obama?


Now that it is getting colder, the group of guys that hung out on the stoop now seek refuge inside our lobby. Not only do they want heat and shelter, but a private place to smoke the reefer and deal things, and we ain't talkin about cards. I get along good with them, we exchange nods and hellos, but last night, the 7 of em asked me "McCain or Obama?". Now being in NY for 3 months, I have seen how liberal the city is and how accepting of all different views the people are....as long as they are liberal views! Did I share my NYU experience? I know I was the only republican in that forum, but thats another story. As I said hi to the hoodlums, oops, I mean, dudes, they asked me "McCain or Obama?" At first I thought of saying McCain/Palin rock my world, but I figured ah might not be the best. Out of my mouth came, "I can't vote I am Canadian, so it really doesn't matter." They just laughed, so did I as I turned to go up the five flight of stairs! Now I was never scared, nor would I have been if I had said McCain but then again, you never know what some doobie/rollin rasta dudes might do? Mom and Jaime, its okay, still come and visit, they are nice guys, just don't interrupt any of their deals eh? I hope ya'll vote this next week!

No comments: