Monday, October 20, 2008

Getting out of the City

This past weekend some friends and I were able to make our way up to a state park in NY. We took the train from the city to a town called Suffern where my friend Maya is a nanny. We then hopped in her car and made our way to the park, unfortunately due to a fireman parade we could not follow our lady friends instructions on our GPS. Good thing I had studied the map the day before on googlemaps - its a lifesaver! I am also pretty good with diretions, its a talent that the man upstairs blessed me with, just ask my travel buddies, when in doubt, yes, listen to me. As we drove along we made an exit here and there and finally got going and then decided to stop off at a little strip mall. The mom and pop deli was fabulous, not to mention full of helpful old men, just ask Sarah, they were all willing to help her find the "water" in the back of the store. The dad and his sons (thats what it looked like anyways) were running the deli counter and dang the sandwiches were delicious!! ) We loaded back up into the celine dion chrysler pacifica and drove. We took a random road and ended up at this beautiful lake and decided that spot was good as any. We ate lunch, hiked, photographed the area and then were on our way. We then made it to Bear Mtn. and we ended up forging our own path to the unknown. On the way we took engagement pics (doubled up on em cause NY is not cheap so thats what we do out here)and then just played in the leaves. It was just a fantastic way to get out of the city, but be close enough to see it from the highest peak of our climb!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I nearly forgot all about these beautiful times now that weather has frozen my brain! That was soooo much fun, I hope we have new adventures again when it warms up! (And yes, those men were VERY helpful ;P)