Friday, September 26, 2008

Gumboots = Fashion


I grew up working on my dads farm and on my grandpa Scoville's farm (where I learned all sorts of colourful language and terms for certain items - mom, you do remember what I use to call an udder right?) I bring this up because it was really the only place I ever wore gumboots due to the rain mixed with mud and crap!! Here in NYC these boots are strictly worn for fashion. Okay, so they might wear them for rain protection too, but I don't really buy into that. Maybe this is a trend that just hadn't hit Utah when I was there, but it is ridiculous how spiffy they makes these boots, drives me nuts that you would more than $5 for a pair of green or black gumboots.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

well the United States calls these "wellies" and they've been around for a while. You can get them at target for 20 bucks, or costco...I wore them in provo last winter (mine are houndstooth, they are darling), to shield my feet from all the snow everywhere i went.

EMBRACE THEM JEFF.

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

I love that you blogged about this. I saw a pair in InStyle for 200.00. My rooomies wear them and they are practical right for these NYC rainy days!!!?