Monday, September 15, 2008

September.....will cool me off right?


I thought summer was over, I was wrong!!! A month has past and oh the stories I have to share. 3 weeks ago I rented a u-haul mini van to transport my bed. I was so excited about driving in NY that I totally blanked all the one-way streets here. BIG NO NO!! I ended up turning onto Amsterdam Av and headed in the wrong direction. I had cars honking and flipping me off! I was laughing at the moment cause my two roommates were scared out of their whits! I made it down to the next street and got off, and was still laughing, sorry Andrew and Russ! I took a moment to gather my bearings and we proceeding on without any casualities.
My dad and Jack Salmon came for a visit and did the touristy things. I played personal tour guide while Jack was our own Canadian camera happy tourist, he was funny! They were so astonished to see all the people out and about at three thirty in the morning when I put them on the subway to JFK - next time we will just hail a cab from my street as they ended up in a cab an hour later.
I have been on a roll when it comes to celebrity sightings. In the past week I have walked past Carrie Underwood, seen Miley Cyrus, had lunch next to crusty man Howie Mandel, ran past Melrose for ANTM Cycle 8 in Central Park, and walked past Charlize Theron at the US Open. Not too forget all the tennis celebs I got to watch at matches, including Roger Federer, Venus and Serena Williams, Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal and James Blake. The US Open definately has been the best thing about NY so far. YA ROGER!
And to top it all off, I witnessed a drug deal going down on a sidewalk when I was coming back from Central Park. Word of advice to all future drug pushers - deal the dope in a concealed area or make sure you have excellent passes, unlike the USA relay teams in the Olympics!

No comments: