Friday, July 25, 2008

First Week


Well the first work week has come and gone, and yes I know its a friday night and I am blogging, but I still don't know too many peeps here, but I am changing that, we have a ward rock band party tomorrow, so I am there.
The first day was really boring, won't lie, I met alot of the people involved in the comapny. Don't get me wrong, they are cool, and I really like the company, but I was a bit bored. EHE International is awesome!! They really care about preventitive health care and really believe in us as health coaches. My co-workers had a card and welcome balloon for me, very nice. My boss and I "did" lunch NY style, I could get used to this but I don't think my bank account can, yet!!!! Throughout the week I worked on role playing with all the other health coaches, there are five of us, soon to be four because one is leaving. I got to listen in on calls from patients as well, and that has helped alot. Today I did a role play with Jen, my boss, a bit intimidating at first, but I got through it and did a darn good job I might add.
Every wednesday we do "lunch and learns". This is where one health coach picks a restaurant around where we work, Rockefeller Centre, and we have it ordered in for the entire company, lots of food. The health coach then makes up a a sheet with info about the restaurant and how to make healthier food options. This week was "sushi", so we had tofu chicken, which was good, not lying, as well as fish as the main source of sushi, also avocados, spicy tuna, it was awesome. I am up for the lunch n learn in two weeks.
Last night I did hit the institute scene. I thought it would beat down Cheyenne's institute, but wow, crazies here! Not going to lie, some of them, straight out of the twilight zone!!!!! I guess institute is a hit and miss because everyone works so much out here.
BUT THE HIGHLIGHT.....yes, that little miss Miley Cyrus!!! The crowds starting lining up wednesday to see her, mentally retarded can I say, but hey, she was fun and I am developing a new crush, not that I can do anything about it cause she is jail bait! We do have a pretty good seat to watch all the Today Show concerts. Next week is Sheryl Crow, then Celine Dion, then Micheal Buble, so I am not complaining!!!!
Tomorrow is a day to get organized, and then the ward party tomorrow night. I have been running in Central Park, its great, but so many people running there!!!!

2 comments:

fibonnaci said...

Jeff, you have to take some pics of Sheryl for me ... that is one concert I would pay to go and see nowadays. I am jealous!!

Suz said...

Good to see that you've joined the world of blogging!! I love that you're in NY and I hope that you don't mind if I live vicariously through you?!! I heart NYC.